Sunday 6 November 2016

Getting back on track... "My Transition"

     Hello guys, how y'all doing? I got back on the train to fitness, after almost one year of falling off track. My little 10kg weight loss last year, was the beginning and end of my success. I gradually gained it all back and with some extra kilos as topping!

    Weight loss for me has been an emotional roller coaster. Today I'm doing good, next day I'm back stuffing my face with unhealthy food. I have struggled so much with being "a certain size". Naturally I'm not a size zero or even size 'S'. I have a huge frame, thanks to papa dearest. But I was never this big in my entire life. I think 2016 was the record breaking year, where I reached my heaviest weight...

       As seen in the picture below I hit a whooping 118.1kg which is equivalent to 260.4lbs. 😳😭😭😭😒πŸ˜ͺ😦😧 oh my days!!! I ask myself, how did this happen? How did I get here?...

      Well I know how... Sadly!!😒😭 but I'm no longer going to sit back and watch food destroy me. I not going to wait to be diagnosed with hypertension or diabetes ( which by the way is prevalent in my family history, almost all my aunts and uncles are either hypertensive, diabetic or both) this is really scary! 

      I'm tired of being restricted to certain clothes because I need to hide "stuff" like my tummy pouch, my big butt, my huge - mother superior arms, etc. I want to be able to wear what I like and how I like it. Not to be forced to dress a certain way.

       At 32 right now, I feel fulfilled in many areas of my life... Got my dream job, dream house, my masters degree, financial investments and hopefully a man to call my own soon. Everything except the body of my dreams😒😭. On this beautiful Saturday morning of the 19th December, 2015, less than two weeks to the end of the year 2015... I decided to take control of the wheels of my body!!
I will no longer be controlled by my appetite, my eyes, sense of smell or emotions. I refuse to be told I can't do it because I know I CAN! It's not going to be easy, but I have been through worse and for sure will scale through this as well. God has been my SOURCE, and once I'm going to draw strength and will from HIM. So with this determination, i got a personal trainer, cleaned out my fridge and kitchen cabinets. i was going to do better. i lost about 3 kgs between December 2015 and January of 2016.

        Then life happened again... started stress eating, and slowly began to tilt the scale again. My weight kept fluctuating between 118 and 115 kg. i would reduce to 115 and gradually climb back to 118. I kept promising myself that i would make that BIG change before 2016 rolled away. And then January became February, March, and April... my birth month; i became 32 and promised to make 2016 the year of my "heaviest and lowest" weight yet! I took me another five month to finally take action... The struggle is real yo!

         Here we are, almost two months after the great decision, over 10kg lost and a zeal to never give up till i get to my goal weight and become a healthier, fit and stronger version of me!
In the coming weeks, i will be sharing how i have achieved this progress, my meal plan, exercise routine etc. 

         I have tagged this journey "my transition"... as it signifies my transition from so many phases, which i will share as we go along. I have also revived my zeal for this blog! as such i promise to be consistent moving forward!

If you want to join in, just send in your first day weigh in picture as displayed below and voila you in!! Simple as ABC...

Let's do THIS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment